When creating online Facebook events for productions at Crush, there are a few things we strongly recommend: both to enhance your chance of success and to alleviate excess questions directed to staff. A few simple additions and clarifications will help immensely!
Facebook events are 'scraped' by other event websites, often only copying the 'About' text and the set date/time/location. To make sure that both Facebook users and any place else your event might appear, here are some easy points to consider:
Be descriptive. The 'about' section of your event should include ALL information including:
Add Crush as a co-host. This automatically adds your event to Crush's Event tab on Facebook - we will not edit or post on your behalf, this just ensures that we can promote your event. You must then SEND a finalized Facebook event link to email@example.com so that we can add the event to our website calendar.
Here is an example of a fully-executed Facebook event that hits all the points above
1 - be sure to make this time the door time NOT the start time. We use this information to schedule staff, and it tells people what time to get to the venue... you don't want them arriving as your show/event starts and want to give them time to get drinks/food and find their seats.
2 - be generous - add a little extra time to give yourself room
Even if you add your ticketing link here, include it in the body of your event description as well.
* If you create your event using a Facebook Page and make Crush the location of the event, Facebook will offer you the choice to make Crush a co-host. Please do, or if not offered the chance, you can add it in this section.
The process of event creation to Crush promotion has five steps:
1. Producer creates Facebook Event using a Facebook Page, making Crush a co-host.
-= If event is created by a Facebook profile, skip to step 3
2. Crush accepts co-host request, which adds event to our Facebook Page's Events tab automatically
3. Producer emails Facebook event link to firstname.lastname@example.org, Crush then manually adds event to Crush's online website calendar.
4. Producer creates poster using Crush guidelines, emailing digital copy to email@example.com
5. Poster is printed and posted in-house. Producer is welcome to print and drop off posters as well.
Importance in order of promotional traffic: