Before you confirm, Event Guidelines
For Facebook events:
- It is highly recommended and preferred that the event be created using a Facebook Page and that you make Crush Bar a co-host. If you do not have a Facebook page, you need to email email@example.com with the link to your public event.
- Setup guidelines:
- Set the event start time as your event's DOOR, not the show start
- If you are creating two back-to-back day events, make them separate instead of Tue, 3/14 7pm - Wed, 3/15 10pm
- Put your ticket link, if applicable, in the
- Be descriptive. The 'about' section of your event should include ALL information including:
- Full description of the event: what's happening and why
- The date & time of the event: include doors & start times, and if possible, the end time or length of event
- The location: seems like a no brainer, but include the full street address of Crush (even a map link!)
- Ticket links/admission price: Even if Facebook offers you a spot to enter your ticket link, include it in the 'about' section of the event for ease of use AND also include the ticket prices. Users who click a ticket link, then click, get info, then find the ticket prices are considerable less likely to purchase. Make it easy for them.
- Be accurate. If your event has a set time which doors open, use that time for the "start" time on Facebook. You can ensure that folks who'd like to attend can plan to arrive early, and it makes it easy on Crush staff who may not be fully versed on event information.
- Add Crush as a co-host. This automatically adds your event to Crush's Event tab on Facebook - we will not edit or post on your behalf, this just ensures that we can promote your event.
Here is an example of a fully-executed Facebook event that hits all the points above
1 - be sure to make this time the door time NOT the start time. We use this information to schedule staff, and it tells people what time to get to the venue... you don't want them arriving as your show/event starts and want to give them time to get drinks/food and find their seats.
2 - be generous - add a little extra time to give yourself room